Wednesday, August 5, 2009

W.A.W.

In this world of text messages and twitter that we live in, people seem to have an affinity for abbreviations so I decided to make up my own. WAW...What A Weekend! I have developed a format to my weekends lately that I am thoroughly enjoying. The formats goes as such:

  • Friday - come home from work, put on pj's, eat dinner in front of TV, read book, go to bed
  • Saturday - sleep in, stay in pj's all day, read book, do some cleaning, lounge around, meet friends for dinner/drinks at a fun new place, go to bed abnormally late
  • Sunday - go to brunch, do something fun around London with friends, come home make lunches for the week, read book, iChat, go to bed
I had another great weekend, true to format, this past week! Friday night, please refer to the format above as I did not deviate and it is quite boring! Same for Saturday afternoon. Saturday night I met up with Annie, Colby, Stefan, Ollie, Corrina and Annie's friends visiting from the States, Jack and Ashley. We had dinner at Floridita. It is a fantastic Cuban restaurant in Soho, they have great food and even better atmosphere. The dining room in downstairs and they have a live Cuban band and a huge dance floor. People are dancing all around your tables as you dine, it is fun fun fun! After dinner we all went to a house party in Covent Garden. They have a fabulous flat with a rooftop patio you can see all of London from! The night ended around 4 am with Shwarma and a slumber party at Annies!
Floridita
Colby, Annie, Me
Stefan, Corrina, Colby, Me, Ashley, Annie, Jack, Ollie
The next morning some of us headed to brunch at S&M...(Sausage and Mash get it!!) for a traditional English breakfast. After that we headed out to Greenwich, I was really excited about this because I haven't been to Greenwich yet and we had a beautify day to do it! We took the train out to Greenwich and hiked up the hill to the Royal Observatory, which has the best view of London. We also straddled the Prime Meridian, pretty cool. After that we took the boat back to London down the Thames. This was also my first time to do the boat ride on the Thames, what a day of firsts! I love living in a city where every day presents new opportunities!
Me & Annie straddling the Prime Meridian
Jack, Ashley, Me & Annie in Greenwich

No comments: