Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Layin' Over in Chi-town

Thursday was a LONG day of traveling for me. I was awake for practically 26 hours, yikes! It all started off very frantic as I had overslept Thursday morning and woke up to the cab driver calling saying he was outside my flat at 5:30 am. I still needed to shower, so I asked him to wait 15 minutes and I am astonished to say that I actually showered, dried my hair and flat ironed it in 20 minutes! I had to lay over in Chicago since I was flying directly to Houston so I decided to make the most of it and opted for the 9 hour layover rather than the 2 hour so I could hang out with my friend Emily who lives in Chicago. I love the story of how Emily and I met. Two years ago I had to go to Chicago for three weeks for work and I didn't know anyone there so it was going to be a long three weeks. My friend Cole said he had met a co-workers sister who lived in Chicago and I should call her...at the time I wasn't as shameless as I am now and I was not up for calling a stranger but low and behold, about 5 minutes later my phone rang and it was Emily! We hung out the whole time I was in Chicago and I have since made several trips to hang out with her and Big Gay Buck (her chocolate lab)! It is so funny because she and I have never lived in the same city and have really only hung out a handful of times, but she is a great friend of mine now, thanks Cole!
So back to this trip.... I landed in Chicago about 10:30 am and Emily came to pick me up then we headed into the city for some day drinking, luckily there was traffic so we didn't sit down for our first beer until just after noon so we didn't have to feel too bad about it! She put me on the El back to the airport around 5pm only for my flight to be delayed about an hour. I was supposed to get into Houston at 10 pm that night, but didnt land until after 11 and they took forEVER to get the luggage out so I didn't get to the hotel with my parents until 1 am...that is 7 am London time...a full 26 hours with only a couple of short naps on my flights. Oh and I left all of my liquid makeup at security at the Chicago airport, UGH!!!



My new parking lot...I wish!


Me and Emily at Beer Bistro


No comments: