Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Laurenproof

I have been on the hunt for a new digital camera, just a small point and shoot to replace my old one, since the screen randomly decided to give up on me and start over exposing everything making it impossible to take pictures! Let me just start this off by saying that this is my 5th digital camera in 5 years. One lost a mean battle with my keys in my purse, the screen on the back came out the clear loser. One lost a short battle with a glass of beer in Cabo a couple of years ago...it sunk right to the bottom. And the latest one, well I can only assume that it suffered one to many encounters with the pavement.

So in my research I came across the Olympus Mju 8000 Tough. It is waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof...basically it is Laurenproof!! I have already lost 3 cameras to 2 of the 3 "proofs" it deters (I have yet to leave my camera in the freezer, but I wouldn't put it past me!). I also thought it would be an excellent camera for my upcoming trip back to Africa to climb Kili...I'll get to test all three of them at once! I received my camera in the mail today and I am excited to put it through its paces in this little thing we call life...my life that is!

Meet my new, durable friend!

3 comments:

The Lukefahrs said...

Lauren... so happy to find your blog! I look forward to reading it. Hope all is well with you. You are in for a treat with Harry Potter (I'm obsessed.) :)

Lindsay Wagner said...

ok, i am not one for electronics, but that is a really cute camera! :)

Melissa Ruffino said...

Lucky!!I really wanted that camera! Pretty cool huh? I just love the under water feature, you never know when you might need that!