Friday, July 17, 2009

Cafe Sol...Where the Heart Is

Last night Kelly and I had girls night to catch up on all of the things we have missed in the last couple of weeks while she was visiting her family in the states. We went and got manis & pedis and then went to Cafe Sol, our old standby down in Clapham. When I lived in Clapham Kelly and I were regulars at Cafe Sol. It calls itself a Mexican restaurant, but I know differently so I always just get the Beer Chili. Poor Kelly has never been to Texas so she actually thinks that this is what real Mexican food tastes like and loves their Chimichangas...oh how I long for the day that Kelly can make it to Texas and I can show her what REAL Mexican food is all about! Anyhow it is one of our favorites, we have shared many long, hilarious conversations over chimichangas and chili at this place! Now it has even more significance in our friendship because last night at dinner Kelly asked me to be a BRIDESMAID at her wedding!!! I am so exciting about this and I can't wait to get started with the planning!! Kelly is such a special friend, we seriously knew that first day we met for lunch just one year ago that we would be in each others lives for the rest of lives. It is so rare that you find a friend as special as that and I am so thankful that I have found Kelly!

Kelly made the shirt...how cute!!! At first I didn't see the back and I was like, "what a fantastic black shirt...thanks kelly :)" She promptly told me to turn it over!


1 comment:

Bubbie said...

Awww...How Sweet! I agree that Kelly is a really special person and I am so glad that you girls met...it does a mom's heart "good" to know that her daughter (who lives a half a world away) has such a wonderful friend close by! Can't wait to hear all about the wedding plans.