Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Be Very Afraid



I myself am quite scared of what is to come! So, it is no secret that I am a Twilight fanatic. Yes, I know it is shameful, I am a grown woman, but I just can't help myself. Trust me, if I could, I would. The funny thing is that I was so anti-Twilight before I read them as I have discussed in previous posts. I am historically anti all things fantasy, vampire, tween, cult, etc. But since I LOVED Twilight so much and they have been compared so much to the Harry Potter books (which I obviously didn't read...fantasy, tween, cultish) I have decided to bite the bullet and read Harry Potter. Now, when I decide to do something, I do it whole heartily...see what arrived on my doorstep yesterday from my friends at Amazon.





That's right, the entire Harry Potter Box set. I started reading the first one this morning on the tube, I am only 20 pages in and I am already loving it! I am very worried what this might mean to my social life in the coming weeks. Judging from Twilight I am doomed to locking myself away in my flat and turning my phone off and reading late into the night...hopefully I won't be AS fanatical about it. I have decided to read all of the books and then start watching the movies. I have never seen any of the movies so I am excited that I get to create the whole thing in my imagination first! I'm only about 10 years late on this train!

5 comments:

Cara Jaggers said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I bet you finish all the books in 2 weeks!

Courtney Squillante said...

Yay!!!! You will LOOOVE them! I thought EXACTLY like you on all of that stuff- not for me. But they are seriously the best! I LOOOVE HP!!!

Christina said...

It comes in such a pretty box! I'm scared, don't get me hooked on Harry Potter like Twilight.

Lindsay Wagner said...

oh goodness......it's true, you will LOVE them!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Waterfield I am SO proud! I am going to see HP on Friday with CeCe. Welcome to the ranks! By the way, arent you coming our way soon? -- Mel