Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Busy Bee

I had such a fun weekend this past week and the rest of this week has been great so far as well. Friday night I went to dinner with some friends to welcome Christine back from a 2 month stint in the States. She and Robbie got married a couple of weeks ago in Seaside, Florida but Christine went back several weeks early to get everything ready for the wedding. I was so sad I wasn't able to make it but from the pictures it look GORGEOUS and like they had an absolute BLAST! The whole wedding ended up in the pool by the end of the reception! Anyways, we went to this great tapas place is Soho called Saltyard. It was delicious!! And my opinion can be trusted since I just got back from Spain :) After dinner we went down the street to the Charlotte Street Hotel for some drinks in their bar. It was such a cool place, we had a really fun evening and it is great to have Christine back in London!

Saturday I was pretty lazy and hung around my flat for most of the day, after lunch I was bored so I decided to walk over to the movie theatre in my neighborhood and see Bruno. This movie was TERRIBLE! Seriously, don't waste your money, I didn't laugh ONCE. Not even a little chuckle. I was horrified and I'm sure I had a horrible look on my face throughout the entire thing. I loved Borat, so it's not like this type of humor is lost on me, this movie was just that bad. They were totally trying to way to hard for the laugh and it wasn't funny...it was just offensive for the most part. Anyways, don't see it and if you do, don't say I didn't warn you! Later that night I met up with Annie and some other friends to go to Kensington Roof Gardens which is a super fun club that has a fantastic roof top terrace. Unfortunately, it poured rain all night long so we were stuck inside for the majority of the night and it was HOT inside that club. But we danced all night long and had a blast! Oh, and by the way I am not drinking at all for the month of July and so far it is going really well. Surprisingly, I don't miss booze nearly as much as I thought I would. I thought it would be especially hard not to drink at a club, but I actually had just as much fun and I felt great the next day! The next morning Annie and I went to brunch at this great restaurant in Shoreditch called Albion. It is so cute and very tasty. They sell fresh veggies, fruit, pastries, etc in the front of the store and the rest is a restaurant. After breakfast we rented The Wrestler and laid on Annie's couch for the majority of the day! The Wrestler was ok, but I was hiding behind my pillow screaming for most of it...I don't do well with blood or watching people hurt themselves or other people so I was not a fan of the part where he and that freak hillbilly were stapling each other and wrestling in barbed wire...ICK!


How cute is it that they sell fresh veggies!


Monday night I met up with Christine and Francis again for dinner for a better chance to really catch up. We went to my new favorite restaurant in Soho called Inamo. It is so much fun!! Anyone who comes and visits can expect to visit the place! They have these awesome touch screen computerized tabletops where you can view your menu (with pictures) order all of your drinks and food, change your background like a decorated table cloth and even play battleship against your fellow dining partners! It also has great food, it is Pan-Asian, so they have a little bit of everything. I had the Cinnamon Chicken, which sounds really weird, but was actually one of the best things I've eaten in a long time.


Last night I got to see my dear sweet Kelly who is back from 10 days in the states!! I missed her so much so it was great to get to see her. We met up with her friend Jen who is getting married in two weeks in her native Sweden. Jen wanted to get all of her girls together for a fun night before she heads off to get betrothed so we had a fabulous dinner at Bistro1 and then went to Karaoke Box for some hilarious fun! This was my first time to ever do Karaoke and I actually had a REALLY fun time...even with NO alcohol, which I always thought if someone actually convinced me to do Karaoke it would be b/c of highly impaired judgement! I haven't sung in front of anyone since I auditioned for the 5th grade talent show and sang Garth Brooks "The Dance" and Mrs. Johnson told me to start over and sing in my real voice. I was crushed! They do karaoke a little different over here, you aren't in front of an entire bar instead you actually rent these tiny rooms just for your group. You get your own karaoke machine and you just belt it out in your little soundproof(ish) room, so fun and less to be embarrassed about as you are among friends!

LOVE karaoke...we has SO much fun!


My and my Kelly reunited!!!

As you can see I've had a jam-packed last few days and it is starting to catch up with me. I'm just going to the gym and staying in tonight to catch up on some rest. But I have another full weekend ahead so I'll keep you guys updated!

***I'm posting lots of links to the places I went since I have been SO bad at taking pictures lately. My small camera I take with me everywhere is on its way to the graveyard unfortunately! That will be my THIRD digital camera to bite the dust, I need to be a little more careful with these things!

No comments: