Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Isn't It Ironic...dontcha think


I find it quite ironic to celebrate my countries independance in the country we fought and won our independance from...but none the less, the show must go on! The UK Texas Exes had a picnic in Regents Park on Saturday with several other University Alum groups in London. Not the A&M Alum group I might add, why you ask...because they don't do anything! I have been less than pleased with the Aggie alum group here, they hardly ever do anything, so I have been adopted into the UK Texas Exes as they have lots of fun events to go to! It was actually at the Texas/OU watching party last year that I ran into Annie! I digress, back to the picnic...we had TONS of american food (I made yummy corn dog muffins!), great weather, tons of people, etc. We stayed out at the party playing frisbee, throwing the football and drinking warm wine (ugh!) until the sun went down around 10 pm. That's right people, 10 pm, don't be too jealous the sun sets around 4 pm for about 7 months of the year! All and all it was a successful (much more so than last year when I had only been here 3 days!) 4th of July celebration. It only lacked fireworks! Although I miss spending the 4th out at the lake or floating down the Guadalupe!

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

So fun!! You need to get that Aggie group going! How lame!!