Monday, July 28, 2008

Privacy not needed

It seems that in cheery ol' London that the privacy and decency to which I am quite accustomed is not really held with much regard. I had two quite interesting experiences this week. One I don't really even need to explain, the picture says it all....




The second came on Saturday morning when my Polish painter brought over his Polish friend to paint my flat. Well, Kris (Polish painter) explained to him (Polish friend) what needed to be painted and left him with me...do I leave, do I stay, I didn't know what to do...so I stayed and shut myself in my bedroom and read for three hours. Not before I walked down the hallway and noticed that my new painter friend didn't have his shirt on. Odd, was he going to paint topless?? Wouldn't surprise me since the movers delivered all of my stuff in flip flops, they're not to "professional" here to say the least. So I went back into the confines of my bedroom and when I came back out I had noticed, much to my relief, he had put a painters suit on and left his shirt on the edge of my couch...along with his shorts! That's right people, the man took all of his clothes off IN MY LIVING ROOM! So I quickly hurried back to my room again where I should remain until he left! Before he left he asked to use the restroom, so I pointed down the hall. He went in and DIDN'T SHUT THE DOOR! Seriously, was this guy raised in a Polish barn! Anyhow, I plugged my ears and waited for him to leave, then went out and saw my freshly painted flat! It feels so much more homey now! I will post more pics once I finish putting everything away (if that ever happens). But here is a preview!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watty, it looks SO GOOD!! Very homey, and definitely worth the few hours of a weird Polish man with no clothes. :)