Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A day in the life


So I was talking to Courtney the other night (illegally at work since I don't have internet until the 29th!) and she mentioned how she wished she could see everything over here so she could picture my new life. Well, it got me thinking that I should try and blog a day in the life in pictures. Easier said than done my friends! Basically, I just took some pictures of random things over the last week and looked like a freek taking pictures on the tube! I don't know if this will give any of you guys a better vision of "my life" but it's worth a shot. So here goes...

How I dry my clothes, even though my flat has a so called "dryer"



My commute to work, this is nothing, I was didn't have room to take a picture once it filled up!

The streets I walk on....

The entrance to my office....


My Desk (with a shout out to my blog on my computer!)

My view when I come up from the Tube...my building!


The park across the street where I do my morning bootcamp



In more important news, I made a friend! Yay! I met a girl the other week on my elevator, so like a dork I wrote her, in so many words, a "will you be my friend, check yes or no" note and left it in her mailbox. She replied, the answer was "yes." Much to my relief, that could have lead to some very uncomfortable future elevator rides had it gone the other way! Anyways, it was a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders, the first one is always the hardest (or at least that is what I am telling myself!) Her name is Kelly, and she is American too, yay!



Sorry the posts haven't been too frequent lately, but without internet at home it is pretty hard to find time to write these at work. I have been very busy at work, which I am thankful for in a way since it makes the day go fast. This past weekend was a good one, on Saturday I met Amy at the Borough Market which was really neat and definitely a good local place to take my future visitors. I am just "gutted" (they really do say that here!) because I totally forgot to take pictures. It is basically a huge outdoor market where you can get fresh veggies, fruits, meats, cheeses, flowers, you get the picture! Then later I made my first of many trips to Homebase, the much smaller UK version of Home Depot. I picked out some paint which is to be painted by Kris, and only Kris...my landlady's Polish decorator. Needless to say, I don't think she is too excited about me painting her pristine, sterile white walls. But for my sanity, I decided I really don't care, I need some color. My last shipment comes tomorrow (!) and the painter on Saturday, so hopefully next week I can post some pictures of the finished product. Back to my perfect English weekend.... Sunday, I needed to do something free as I just booked a trip to Africa, that's right people, I'm going to Africa! The coolest thing about London is almost all of their museums are free, they believe the art belongs to the people, or something poetic like that. So I made my way to the National Gallery and looked at a bunch of old paintings that all looked the same after a short time. They did have one hall that had some Van Gogh, Cezanne, Monet, Manet, I enjoyed those. After my admissionless afternoon in the National Gallery I headed to Regents Park and met Amy and Sherry for an afternoon picnic followed by an improv show at the Open-Air Theatre. It was great! I loved the theatre, and the comedy show was really funny as well, oh to be as clever as those people.


Trafalgar Square

The National Gallery


Random Church by Trafalgar Square...notice the lovely day!




Yesterday marked the first of many 6 AM work outs for me, I actually didn't mind it. I really liked the feeling of accomplishing so much before I even went to work. Although, I know that feeling will probably fade pretty fast. And I am so sore today, I couldn't believe that in just 3 weeks off that my body would return to it's natural state and defy me so quickly! I am working out in the park across the street, there is a company called Fit For A Princess who leads these workouts for women only. It is pretty funny, everything is hot pink!



I am loving my new found freedom, I have no responsibilities here, no obligations to anyone other than myself and I am loving it! No offense to anyone at home, I have loved all of the weddings, showers, birthday's more than you'll ever know, but it has been really nice to be completely in charge of my time and how I spend it. I have no obilgations to anyone here and I am loving it so far!




I have had quite a "blonde" moment this week, not surprisingly. So all of the tubes here are color coded on the maps, Circle Line is Yellow, District is Green and so forth, well somebody actually had to point out to me that the poles inside of the trains are color coded as well so you can tell which train is you are getting on! Who knew, what a smart idea...if only I'd caught on sooner!


Here is the link to the trip in Africa I am taking if you want to check it out, I'll be gone the first two weeks of November! And yes, I am aware of how ironic it is that I am taking a trip through Gecko Adventures...as long as there's no lizards on the trip I'm fine with it!


http://www.geckosadventures.com/Africa/Trip/Overview.html?trip=Backroads%20of%20Botswana&tripid=3193

1 comment:

Lindsay Wagner said...

finally a new blog post!!! yippee!!! try to find out how someone can click on your pics and make them bigger. i LOVE that the park workouts are hot pink...that's right up my alley! :)