Saturday, July 12, 2008

The drunk irish girl that lives within my head

...please leave!  Seriously, I have found that the voice inside of my head is speaking in an English accent, unfortunately she sounds more like a drunk irish woman.  It is so weird, all of my thoughts are in an accent.  I'll catch myself doing it and I can't make it stop!

First off, I finally got my air shipment! YAY!  Although, a disaster quickly ensued in my flat.  See below...




It's still not all put together, I am still trying to figure out how to go from three closets to one, that is a tricky one.  Coolest Invention Ever...Vacuum Bags.  See below...
before... 
                                                                 after...  

They delivered my shipment on Thursday at noon, and it actually was 
a nice day amist a week of constant drizzle so I decided to go walk around the neighborhood a little.  I had been wanting to try this BBQ place I had seen, and heard was actually pretty good.  It is called Bodeans, and it was actually very yummy!  I had a pulled pork sandwich, chips (fries), and creamed corn.  I was pleasantly surprised and the BBQ sauce wasn't too bad either.  It actually reminded me of McDonalds bbq sauce, which I happen to love!


After my lunch, I walked around a little more and discovered my new favorite store...go figure!  It is Oliver Bonas, www.oliverbonas.co.uk  they have the cutest things ever!  I also took some time to learn the bus system around my neighborhood so I could take another trip to TK Maxx to try and find some sheets and a mattress cover.  So I hopped on the double decker red bus, and I did it right! I actually ended up in the place I meant to go!  I got both a new set of sheets and a fluffy mattress cover and then decided to hop on another bus to get home...and again, i did it right!  On my ride home there were the two cutest little kids with their nanny.  Sky and Aiden, they were perfectly tan with perfect blonde curly hair.  Well, little Aiden decided to stick his hands down his pants, for which his nanny quickly corrected him, to which he responded in his perfect little english accent "I had my hand on my willy!"  I about died laughing!

So here are some more things I've observed this week...

I need to bring an Employees must wash hands before returning to work sign with me to the office, as everytime I've gone to the "loo" at work the other people in there just flush and leave...whhhaaat, gross

Apparently, they don't really sensor the newspapers here,  there was a shooting in Istanbul and they showed a picture in the paper of the dead guy lying on the cement with blood running down the sidewalk...

manhole covers are square here...that one is for you Robert!

their sheets don't even fit their own beds...there was an extreme amount of man power and sweat involved, i don't know if i'll take them off again...kidding

WARNING: MOM DO NOT READ- there is at least one stabbing a day, yesterday there were 4 within 6 hours of each other...awesome 

Traveling on the tube to work every morning is more like a huge cattle herd, and a severe invasion of my personal space.  

They do try to make the commute more bearable by handing out free newspapers outside of the stations, although they give you NO place to throw them away, so I have resorted to a sinister life of littering.  Although they magically disappear by the ride home.

Oh, and the other day I saw an old man on the tube that looked like he stepped straight out of the 1800's... coattails,  saber and all...John, you would have loved it! 

I'll leave you with a picture of the view from my window, on a "nice" day!

2 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

you have GOT to figure out how to make your pictues large when you click on them!! i am dying to see them bigger...love you!

Christina said...

You are too funny with your observations...and helping bring back so many memories for me. By the way, I checked out Oliver Bonas...adorable stuff! They even have a section on the web called: Metrosexual Man! Haha MISS YOU XOXOXOXO