Monday, July 28, 2008

Hayden Claire is One!


My precious little niece turned one this weekend and it just broke my heart that I couldn't be there for her first birthday party. My sister has posted all 400 pictures from the weekend on shutterfly in a very speedy manner so that I could see them (thanks Linds!) but it almost made me more sad to look at them! When my sister makes Hayden a scrapbook, I'll be missing from all of the pictures. We can just tell her I took them all! This was the first thing I really had to miss because of being in London, I'm sure it's not the last thing I'll have to miss, but it sure was the last thing in the world I wanted to miss.
I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by, it seems like just yesterday that we were up at the hospital...not once, but twice, awaiting her arrival. It's hard to believe how much you can love someone!! One things for sure, I'm not missing her second birthday for anything!

2 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

Aunt Lauren,
Don't be sad. I missed you a lot, but I sure did love wearing and playing with all my toys you got me. You sure do spoil me rotten. Oh, and Mommy said that you aren't allowed to miss my 2nd birthday, either...She couldn't stand it if you weren't there!
Love,
Hayden

Lindsay Wagner said...

your flat looks AWESOME!!! and i just don't know what to say about the non-privacy matter in the UK....i don't know if I'll be prepared for that when we come in November. Oh, the things I will be shielding Hayden and my own eyes from!