Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Year in Pictures - The Post

(***photo album in separate post below!)

This is a book I made for my dad for his 60th birthday this year. He and my mom bought me this camera last year before I moved. Hopefully, he doesn't think it was a total waste of money! I have been sitting on this book for a while now, but I am happy I can share it with you all since I gave it to him this past weekend while our family was together in Houston. His birthday isn't until October 7th, but I wanted to celebrate with him while I was in town so we threw a little surprise dinner for him Friday night!

When I was putting the book together for my dad, I thought "hey, I kinda want one of these too!" Easy enough, I just pressed the little up arrow when I was checking out and ordered myself one as well!! I think this is something I am going to do every year...hopefully for the rest of my life!!

Oh, and for anyone who might be interested, the cover is actually a photograph I took of a ceiling in the Royal Alcazar (palace) in Seville. I love taking pictures of patterns!

Here is a list of the places I have travelled in my first year of living in London (note: this is more for myself since people as me this question all the time and I always draw a blank...my short term memory is failing me FAST!)

  • San Sebastian, Spain - with Kelly - August 2008
  • Munich, Germany - with Amy - September 2008
  • Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabe) - with Amy - November 2008
  • Windsor, England - with my family - December 2008
  • Paris, France - with Lindsey - February 2009
  • Prague, Czech Republic - with Kelly & Desi - March 2009
  • Albufeira, Portugal - with Melissa & Courtney - April 2009
  • The Lakes District, England - with Annie - May 2009
  • Istanbul, Turkey - Annie & Mary - May 2009
  • Seville, Spain - with the Hernandez family - June 2009

No comments: