Friday, September 25, 2009

Baby I Got Your Money

Last weekend I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower with Kim and Christine for our friend Frances and Baby Money!! Yes, Frances' last name really is Money! She and Carl recently found out they are expecting a girl so her name has since been changed to Lady Money. We had so much fun planning this shower, this is my first baby to host! Frances, Kim and Christine are all Americans and Southern girls as well so we went all out for the baby shower...all of the British guests did not know what to think about all of this! (they don't do baby showers in Britian, it is actually considered bad luck to give the mother a gift before the baby has arrived)  Frances was nice enough to let us throw the shower at her flat, which is fantastically located right in the heart of London in Covent Garden/Leicester Square. Here are some pics from the day!!

Our drink station, complete with Mimosa's and Sweet Tea!


Our main table with all of the yummy food! We had breakfast casserole, pork tenderloin sandwiches, spinach artichoke dip, spinach and fruit salad, fruit kebabs, and spinach and feta tarts!! (Frances is a vegetarian, hence all of the spinach!)




Our clothesline of onsies!!! All off of Frances gift registry!


We also did some candy bowls with Pink candies

Our diaper cake!! We all met at Frances' the weekend before to embark on the new adventure of making a homemade diaper cake! It was a first for all of us, but I think it turned out pretty good!! Although here is London it is actually a "Nappy Cake"!  The cupcakes are from Primrose Bakery where Frances is actually a pastry chef!


Playing one of our games, Guess the Belly Size!  (which I won!) Our second game was name as many baby items as you can (which I also won, thanks to Lindsay, Hayden and Ainsley!) and the last game was Guess the Flavor in which we had to TASTE baby food and guess what flavor it was! I was so sicked out by this, I did NOT want to participate but they made me. I lost this one, but probably only because I took the most miniscule bite of each!!

Isn't Frances the cutest pregnant girl...she is 6 months along, believe it or not!

A few of us stuck around afterwards to continue drinking Champagne on Frances' balcony since it was such a nice day outside!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love the limes in the flower vase! What a pretty shower! xoxo

GranDeb said...

Hi Lauren! It's Debbie Moriarty here....I love reading your blog...about all things British and proper...except the snogging, of course! Seriously, I love London and I love it when you mention landmarks, foods, the Tube, etc....
The baby shower sounded like so much fun! A mixture of the good ol' USA and Great Britain! Very cute pics!
Take care and keep blogging!!
Mrs. Mo