Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Arachnophobia

If you are scared of spiders you may just want to skip this post! When I got back to London a couple of weeks ago from my trip home to Texas I found a new flatmate had moved in while I was gone...he didn't last long, the met the bottom of my shoe...three times!  He was just chillin' in my bathtub, yikes! He was the size of my palm, seriously, HUGE!  He was also the 2nd little fellow like this I have found in my flat in the last month, I have a serious problem with that.  I say He, because I know he is a He and not a She.  I googled "Common British House Spiders" and found out he is just that, he is called a House Spider (original, huh!) They are most common in the fall b/c it is mating season and the ones you find scurrying across the floor or trapped in your bathtub are usually the males looking for some females to love.  Ick, I hope I caught my boys before they found any females, I don't have enough room for all their babies in my flat!

2 comments: