Thursday, April 9, 2009

Prague and other things

I have been harrassed by my sister and a couple of other friends for not updating my blog in a while, mainly by my sister though! So my story is that I STILL do not have internet access at my new flat. It's been a month, but SKY likes to take their pretty little time and make the process as difficult as possible. The date is 4/16 though, I will be up and running! My advice to anyone moving oversees is to keep your expectations VERY low when it comes to anything dealing with the service industry! So I apologize my my recent bout of blog neglect. I'm sure many things have happened in the past few weeks, but my mind can't be bothered to think of them since my brain has been in a permanent allergy-induced haze for three straight weeks. Today I shifted from Allergy medicine to Cold & Sinus medicine since the prior clearly wasn't doing its job and maybe I have misdiagnosed myself. But I will try and do my best for you people, starting with Prague.

I went to Prague the last weekend of March with Kelly, Desi and Desi's little sister Chloe. It was such a great, laid back trip. Prague is a beautiful city that is really small so it is easy to get around on foot. I'm sure Prague has TONS more to offer than what we did, but we weren't in the mood. We didn't do any tours (other than a pub crawl!) no museums, no historical facts (other than those recited to us out of Desi's Prague book) Which by the way, must have been outdated...every bar or restaurant we tried to go to that we found in the book was no longer there! So I can't really offer anyone a history lesson here, no fun facts about any of the sites, no way do I even know what I was taking pictures of! I was just snapping everything that looked pretty. We did a lot of people watching while drinking Czech beer on patios by the river...that was fun. Here are some of my favorite pics...don't expect details!
Big Old building with pointy spires in Old Town Square

Astrological Clock in Old Town Square

Apparently marionettes are populare in Prague, I think they are creepy

I took this pic b/c it reminded me of my PaPa, he used to build Violins!

Proof that I was actually in Prague, not just my camera

The Charles Bridge

St. Nicholas Cathedral

Absolutely disgusting! These people were all over the streets and they expected people to tip them...notice the cap in front of him for tips is empty...maybe he should take a hint and go home with his rat and find a new day job. Playing with rats while subjecting poor innocent dogs to their diseases is not an acceptable career.

After that debauchery, we were in need of some beer

We got lucky, it was the Spring festival while we were there. All of these tents were set up in the Old Town Square.

These were some delicious cinammon sugar doughy treats they were selling, good thing I'm back on carbs. Kelly won't hang out with me when I'm not eating carbs, she says I'm mean.

The facade of St. Nicholas (I only know this b.c I did some googling just now!)

Whoa! It's been a while since the last beer, must take a break for another one.

St. Vitus

View of Prague from the Prague Castle

Prague Castle at night.

I have all of my pics posted on my shutterfly site, if you want to go check them out. Now I need to address the fact that I have not posted pics of my new flat, since I know that is the real reason my sister has been harrassing me about updating my blog...let's be honest, it wasn't because she wanted to see the pics from Prague! I have taken the pictures of my new flat, but they are on my small digital camera and I seemed to have misplaced the USB cord for that camera, so for now they are stuck on my camera! They are cute though! Oh, also stuck on my small camera are all of the pics from Prague with people in them (the 2 that I remembered to take!) Either way, until I find my USB cord or April 16th when I have internet access at my house there will be no flat pictures, very disappointing I know! I will be off of work all next week because my two bestest friends, Melissa and Courtney Sue are coming to visit me tomorrow!! YIPPEE! I love my season of visitors! We are off to the beaches of Portugal on Easter evening for some much needed R&R! I'm sure I'll have lots to post about after they leave and I can calm myself down from the excitement of re-entering the 21st century with my internet access! Until then, as Melissa would say...Peace, Love and Crabs!

3 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

you are 100% correct...while the Prague pics are lovely I, of course, am more interested in the flat! and thank you for not boring me with historical facts of Prague! :) love you....we will miss you for Easter but will be jealous as you will be enjoying a beach while we are here in lovely humid & rainy Houston! love you!

Sarah said...

We loved Prague! Your pictures are beautiful. I know what you mean about the sick beggers...there was one we saw in a back-bend holding the cup between his chin and neck. (On the Charles Bridge, of course) Very impressive and very disturbing.

Christina said...

Oh yay! Thanks for the update...finally. I talked to Melissa yesterday and I'm so excited for you guys. This will be a fun visit! Hope she made it there without any panic attacks, apparently she was a bit squimish about the plane ride! Hoppy Easter!