Tuesday, March 10, 2009

National Pancake Day

That's right people, here in the UK they don't celebrate Fat Tuesday but they do have National Pancake Day in it's place! I know this post is a bit out dated, but I have gotten pretty far behind my posting with getting ready to move and my visitor from the states last week! More to come on that later!! Back to pancakes, which are actually crepes here, I figured if there was a whole day devoted to it then I was obliged to participate. On NPD Kelly and I had decided to be "good" and walk home from my office together, it is a nice 5 mile walk, but goes fast as we talk faster than we walk the whole way! Well, as we were nearing our flats I let her in on the fact that it was NPD and she was being forced against her will to participate with me. So I think I have a little work to do before my pancakes will be world renowned, but a pretty good effort, after we opened the windows and cleared out the smoke from the first batch i burned. I learned the griddle can't be too hot...there's a good pancake tip for you.
The First Batch


Kelly's flat after the first batch...tad smokey

I was quite defeated

i finally got the hang of it!

The traditional topping for crepes in the UK is lemon juice and sugar, however, we decided we had much better options to choose from!

2 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

way to go! at least you figured it out....i wouldn't have a clue how to make a crepe...i am still known to burn pancakes!!! poor hayden...

Courtney Robertson said...

LOVE that you are still rocking the "Honorary Norwigan (completely misspelled that one!)" shirt. I have to admit that the "Double D Services" tee is worn to bed quite often. If you look past the holes it is still a great shirt!!