Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm no Angelina Jolie

But I am super excited because I am now the super proud sponsor of Lister! Lister is a 17 year old girl living in Zambia and she is a part of the Father's Heart program which I found out about through Mindy's blog. Most of you know how much I loved my trip to Africa last November and how touched I was by all of the people I met while I was there. Ever since I got back from the trip they people there have been in my heart, my mind and my prayers. I wanted to find a way to help in whatever way I could, as my family found out this Christmas when they opened their donation card to Heifer International instead of gifts! I loved the idea of sponsoring a child, but was always a little weary of those commercials you see on TV. So when I saw Mindy's blog yesterday, I knew this was the answer to my prayers! I can't wait to begin writing to Lister and getting to know her. Mindy sent me a few pictures of her from when she was there this past summer, and she really exemplifies the joy I saw in everyone I met while in Africa! So please pray for Lister, and especially for our future relationship!

No comments: