Thursday, January 22, 2009

Surprise..I'm Moving!!

...don't get too excited people, I'm just moving to a new flat in London! In a few short weeks I will officially become a "north of the river girl"!! For all of you non-Londoners, you probably don't know what this means and unfortunately I can't help you out. Ever since before I even moved here there is talk of, are you a "north of the river" or a "south of the river" person, you are either one or the other. I could never get anyone to explain it to me, only that one was better than the other, and that varied from conversation to converstion depending on the post code of the person you are talking to. But from my observations, north of the river is more "city living" and south of the river is more "suburban living"...I've never been a suburbs kind of girl, although I do love, love, love my flat Clapham and the area is great too, but I always felt like I was leaving to head into the city to do things so I was never enjoying the neighborhood I live in. So when I found out last week that I could break my lease after 6 months without losing anything I thought I would look around a bit on the internet to see what was out there....and here I am less than a week later signing a new lease! My new place is in Fulham which is west London. It is very near Chelsea (remember my neighborhood crush post many months ago!), Kensington and many other posh neighborhoods. Fulham is great, it is very lively with tons of bars restaurants and young people aaaaand the best part is I am going to have a two bedroom flat for all of my clothes and shoes to live in, yippee!! So as you can tell, I am very excited to start my new life as a "north of the river" girl...it's a whole new me! Here is the link if you want to check out a couple of pics of my new place, there is also a floorplan....yes, you're eyes didn't fool you, it's two stories people!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh yay! I love your new place! And it's already painted! Miss you...

Lindsay Wagner said...

i can't wait to come and take over that other room for a week!!!