Thursday, August 21, 2008

The first stage is denial

have no fear, I am not drowning my sorrows in alcohol, i promise...really, i'm not!



I made my first trip down to my local Majestic Wine Warehouse this past weekend. I needed to buy a bottle of wine to take to Mike and Andrea's dinner party on Saturday night, and I thought this would be a great time to check out the local wine store. I loved it, it reminded me a lot of the wine section at World Market. They had these little cards that had descriptions of all the wines, so I walked around and read them all and then picked out a couple as if I really understood what they mean when they say "it has black currant undertones with an oaky flavor and a chewy finish" how can a wine be "chewy"??? Anyways, I was glad to see they had several deals where if you bought two of the same bottle you could save a couple pounds. So I decided to be a shrewd business woman and selected four bottles and headed to checkout. I was quickly made aware that at the local Majestic Wine Warehouse they only deal in cases, as in 12 bottles of wine at a time, but no worries...you can mix and match bottles and they deliver. Well seeing I was already a third of the way there I decided to head back into the ominous aisles of wine with their snobby wine descriptions and pick out 8 more bottles. So an hour and 72 pounds later I left my own "stock the bar" party and headed home empty handed. The next morning there was a knock on my door and my drunken haze began...kidding. But I do have 12 bottles to work my way through if anyone wants to come help!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I've discovered that I am easily influenced to buy things that come with delivery. Don't even care what it is, if they will show up with it at my door- I must really need it. We can come help with the surplus any time. :)

Lindsay Wagner said...

love it! i will be there soon....after that flight with a child may i request that you save me a BOTTLE???