Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Boxing Debacle

I'm lazy so this is a cut and paste from my Facebook invite.  Don't worry, if you can't swing the trip to London, I'll make sure there is a video posted on YouTube.

debacle n. A sudden, disastrous collapse, downfall, or defeat; a rout. A total, often ludicrous failure

Mark your calendars.... In a moment lacking any sort of judgement, I have agreed to box in a White Collar Fight night. No friends, you did not just misread that sentence. I have been boxing (for fitness purposes) at Rooney's Boxing Gym for the past 4 months and they have managed to wear me down and convince me to subject myself to what I am sure will be sheer embarrassment for myself and unadulterated pleasure for all of you.

 
I will have more details in the next few weeks, but the event will be somewhere in the London Bridge area after work on Sept. 22nd. I think tickets will be around 20-30 quid, let me know if you're in and I'll find out more about tickets.


I'm still working on my "ring" name...any suggestions are welcome ;)
 
I've been working on my "mean" face
 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Lauren "The Hass" Waterfield

Sorry, I'm not that creative. Guess that's why we're friends (ie. you cutting and pasting from Facebook and passing it off as a blog post).

Christina said...

I'm counting down the days...please tell me someone is going to video-tape this!

Mel said...

Um, yes, I am going to have to see the video please...