Thursday, January 14, 2010

Passport in Hand

Phew, my passport is back in my possession!  Yesterday I went back to the Tanzanian Embassy to pick up my passport with my Visa for the trip. To be honest, I was a little nervous leaving it there.  It wasn't the most organized place and to just hand over your passport to a perfect stranger in return for a little pink slip 6 days before you are supposed to leave the country, it was a little nerve racking!  But I should have never doubted them, it all went very smoothly.   Don't make fun of the photo, sometimes they don't accept photos where you are smiling, and I haven't really mastered that whole "smiling with your eyes" thing that Tyra goes on about even though I've watched just about every season of America's Next Top Model! It really is ridiculous, they make you pull your hair back and not smile...can we say Mug Shot!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You must learn to SMIZE! Haha. You should see my passport pic - it's awful! Have a blast in Tanzania and can't wait to see pics! I'm so sad I missed you while in Texas.