Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just like a Pill

I'm officially a geriatric...I need a pill box!  Don't get too excited, I only need it for my trip to Africa, life in my mid-twenties will resume when I return.  Now I'm no Scientologist, but I don't really use medicine.  It's not that I don't believe in it, it's just that I don't really require much, or I'm too lazy to take it.  One or the other. I've never really taken any medication on a daily basis. I mean I went to the allergist a couple of years ago and had the full barrage of tests, scratch test on the back and all. He kindly wrote me a prescription to combat the extreme allergy that I have to grass and I just found the prescription in the back of a drawer in the bathroom at my parents house over Christmas.  I had never even filled it! I rarely even take advil as I am blessed that I am not really affected by headaches or hangovers.  Tonight I got back from Boots (drug store) about 80 pounds poorer.  For the next two weeks I will be taking the following medication on a daily basis: Doxycylin for Malaria, Diamox for Altitude sickness, Glucosamine for Joint Health, Ginko Biloba for hekp with the altitude, Claritin for allergies, and I also have a battery of medicines for ailments that may creep up on me while I am there. They include Aleve and Arnica for muscle soreness, immodium (for you know what) and rehydration tablets.  I have an entire gallon sized zip lock bag full of medicine!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I hope you have a great time, Druggie. I'm super jealous of the trip:)