Thursday, June 4, 2009

Istanbul - Day 4

We have finally arrived at our last day in Istanbul. Due to staying out until 6 am, you guessed it, we slept in until about noon! We had to leave our hotel at 3 pm, so we only had one thing on our agenda today, the Spice Market! I was really excited about seeing this, I will say it was a little bit of a let down...they only had a few stalls with the spices and the rest were a bunch of junky stuff. But the stalls that did have spices and teas were pretty amazing. I loved all of the colors and smells!

Turkish Delight...yuck! I did not like these, they are a nasty gummy texture
We had to swing by the Grand Bazaar one final time to get last minute souvenirs for friends and family...you all keep a look out for your genie hats!
My compulsory "sad the trip is over" face...i really need to work on my pouty face, no wonder this never worked with my father!

No comments: