Friday, November 27, 2009

Thinking and Thanking

Apologies for my terrible blogethic these past few weeks.  I have been so busy enjoying life and have had plenty of blog worthy moments, but I just haven't had it in me to get back on the horse.  With my 2nd Thanksgiving in London come and gone, I couldn't go without a Thanksgiving post to remind myself what all I have to be thankful for.  Luckily, it is a lot and I don't need a holiday as a reminder.  Although, it is a great holiday and a great reminder!  A year ago had just celebrated my first Thanksgiving in London with some new friends and I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my family for their first visit.  A year later, yesterday, I celebrated Thanksgiving for a second time with those same people (although they are much better friends now and we had the lovely addition of Haper Rose Money celebrating her first Thanksgiving at only 3 weeks old!)  I also had the fantastic pleasure of celebrating with Cole, he gave up his Thanksgiving with his family to come and visit me in London!!  So even though I wasn't with my family on Thanksgiving this year, I was definitely in the company of my "London Family" and I had a HUGE piece of home with me since Cole was with me as well!  If I can't spend the day with my family, I can't imagine a better group of people to be with in their place. 

This year has brought me so much to be thankful for. I have really settled in here in London, I have amazing friends and I absolutely am loving my life!  I gained another neice, Ainsley Kate, who I can't wait to cuddle with in a couple of weeks!  My relationships with my family and friends back home are still strong as ever (thanks in part to modern technology!)  I have travelled to some amazing places and I have some really fun trips planned to look forward to in the coming year. I've had lots of fun visitors in this last year (Mom, Dad, Lindsay, John, Hayden, Lindsey H., Melissa, Courtney, Mom (again!), Aunt Linda, Cole!!)  and I hope to have many more next year (hint, hint to anyone who wants to come).  There is much to be thankful for :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love all of your Thanksgiving pics on FB---you Londoners sure know how to throw a party! Miss you!