Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Westfield Mall...it's a great shopping place!

London has finally joined the rest of the world and opened....an indoor shopping mall! And it's glorious! I realized that I have been so wrapped up in trying to sort and post my Africa pictures and blogs that I have completely neglected my life in London here on the blogosphere. Things have been pretty low key since I got back, but I have decided that my trip to Westfields was blog worthy enough to break my silence! I had lunch and shopping plans this past Saturday with my friend Erin (that I studied abroad with in Italy, thanks Melissa for letting me know she was here!!). We were just going to do a typical shopping day on High Street Kensington, but last minute she sent a change of plans...we were going to do it "American style" at the new mall in Shepards Bush. I'll be honest, there has been a lot of hype over here in the media about this mall, but I wasn't expecting too much. After all, nobody knows malls like America. I'll have to print a retraction, they did this mall right! It is huge, very pretty, and has tons of great restaurants and even a Champagne Bar (cleverly located right outside of Tiffany's!). They had it all decorated for Christmas, which always gets me in the shopping spirit...as if it's really that hard! They even had a Playstation zone with these rooms that are decorated like living rooms that you could play all of the new Playstation games at. The best part about the mall, is it's like a whole new mall-experience for me! It's all stores that completely new to me, not like malls in the States where it's the same store in every mall you go to! So much un-charted territory...that assures I'll be back, it's my civic duty!

No comments: