Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Ruffie!

When I first met Melissa freshman year in the dorms I could have never guessed what the next ten years would hold.  I can assure you that after a road trip to Dallas to see Dave Matthews that first semester that Melissa would tell you with certainty that I would not be involved in any way, shape or form in her next ten years.  But, alas, I prevailed and we went on to live within a barefoot walking distance from each other for the next 4 years.  She has been my most trusted confidant, my emotional counterpart, the president of refusing me whiskey, my new york hotel, the source of my inspiration for having the confidence to move to London and most of all the best friend anyone could ask for!  Happy Birthday Ruffie, you'll always be older than me!!

These are just a few of the reasons that I love this girl....



3 comments:

Kelly said...

I loves me some Melissa too! I'll always remember that the first time I met her, she was wearing a Mexican sundress and tried to steal a lamp by sticking it under her dress!!

lauren said...

That means you met her on her birthday sophmore year!!

Melissa Ruffino said...

Oh Watty!!!!! I LOVE that! You brought me to tears, though I must say thats a pretty easy feat these days! I love love LOVE you and cannot imagine my life without you, I fear I would be more insane than I am now!:) Thank you. Skype soon?