Sunday, February 21, 2010

A{nother} Change of Address

I'm goint to take a small break from my Tanzania posts (still two more to come!) and write about my past week, maybe you'll understand why I have been so delayed in posting all of my pictures and stories from Africa!  Last weekend I finally finished packing up my old flat at 5 am, just in time for the movers to arrive at 8 am! We loaded up and moved over to my new address in Camden!  I am so in love with my new flat, it is so much smaller than my old flat, but it is so cute and I LOVE my new location.  I am so much more centrally located and it takes about half the time to get to work every day {best perk ever}.  I am only one block from Regents Park, which will be so great in the summer!  I am {of course} still unpacking, I swear it is never ending!  I didn't get to spend my first night in my new flat because my friends Elsa and Laura Gray had a Mardi Gras party at there house over on the West side of town.  The party was fantastic, Laura Gray went all out and made Jambalaya, homemade King cake and Milk Punch!  Milk punch, is my official new favorite drink...milk and whiskey mixed together, it's like it was made just for me!  Now, I don't know all of the ingredients but it tasted kind of like a white russian, but better.  I was planning on spending the night at my old flat, since it was closer to the party, but we ended up staying up until 4 am so I just stayed at the girls place.  The next morning I had to go over to pick up some final things and let the cleaners in to my old flat. I dropped 8 trash bags of clothes, shoes, etc off at the charity shop...EIGHT!  How is that possible?? 
This week I have meant to focus on getting unpacked, but I have had a hard time getting that done.  Monday night Annie came over to see the new place and we went out for Thai food and then came back and I tried to help Annie enter the 21st century by uploading her new iPhone!  Tuesday I headed over to Meg's to watch The Bachelor with Meg and Lauren {downloaded from iTunes, of course}.  Vienna.....seriously!!! That is all I have to say about that.  Wednesday, I was planning for a night of unpacking, but Kelly called and invited me to go see Vampire Weekend with her at Brixton Academy since she had an extra ticket.  The concert was great, but I think my favorite part was sushi before hand at Tsunami...amazing! Thursday, Meg came over to see the new flat and we cooked dinner in my new "kitchenette".   We had a great time catching up and cooking a healthy dinner (we were both in need of some vegetables).  Then Friday, again I planned for another night of unpacking but Meg called and was going to see a Valentine's Day at the movie theatre that is just two blocks from me so how could I resist! If you see a trend developing, it is that my new neighbor Meg is going to keep me from being productive!!
Today I am going to get my flat totally unpacked and then I have all of next week to finish my Africa posts!  If I blog it, then I have to do it, right!?!

2 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

hurry up already.....i want pictures!!! love you!

Kelly said...

You are living my single life. Keep blogging so I can live vicariously through you!! (Not that I don't LOVE my life as a mommy, it's just different than sushi-concerts-flats and dumb Vienna Sausage on The Bachelor). I so want to visit you!!