Monday, May 19, 2008

The Beginning of the End

So I've never really considered myself a writer and much less a "blogger" but I've decided to give it a try over the next couple of years while I'm in London, and hopefully traveling all over!  So y'all will have to excuse me if it takes me a while to get this whole thing down or if I just have nothing interesting to say at all, which I hope is not the case!

As my time in Dallas/Texas/USA is nearing a temporary (added for the solace of my mom and sister) end my goodbyes have already started.  First was a family weekend at the lake with my Dad's side of the family, everyone was able to make it and we had such a great weekend!  

The family at Lake Buchanan
Next Courtney and I flew to NYC for a long weekend to celebrate mine and Melissa's birthdays and have one last "hoorah" before I make the move.  It was a perfect New York weekend full of food, shopping, karaoke, Central Park and even a burlesque show!

Courtney, Melissa and Me boating in Central Park!!!
It is such a sad yet exciting time for me, although I usually don't tend to pick up on the magnitude of things like this until after the fact so I am sure to have a major meltdown at some point in the near future.  Stay tuned on that one....

No comments: